Want to Know How to Personalize Your Funeral?
Here’s How Loved Ones can Celebrate Your Life Your Way
Pre-planning your funeral is a great way to remain in control of the ultimate celebration of your life. In fact, why not go a step further to ensure that your end-of-life arrangements reflect your personality and preferences? Learn how to personalize your funeral while pre-planning for it.
Suggestions for Personalizing Your Funeral Pre-Planning Arrangements
Personalizing your end-of-life arrangements is an opportunity to get your loved ones to celebrate your life your way. Once you have made the all-important decision about burial or cremation, look at some of these aspects:
- Whether it is viewing, visitation, a wake, a memorial service or celebration-of-life event, select the activities and events that you want your family and friends to participate in.
- Think about how you wish to incorporate your likes and preferences in the chosen ceremonies.
- Would you want friends and family to follow a specific colour theme in all the arrangements?
- Is there a favourite song, poem, musical instrument or personal belonging that defines you and should be part of the rites or events?
- Wish to add any specific photos or flower arrangements to the ceremonies?
- Prefer a particular venue where friends and family should gather for these events?
- Specify the way you want your friends and family members to remember you.
- Is there any specific charitable organization that loved ones could contribute to in your memory?
- What kind of details would you like mentioned in your obituary?
Speak to the compassionate staff at First Memorial Funeral Services for comprehensive, affordable and personalized funeral pre-planning services. Call 613-860-2424 or contact us online.