How easy is it to arrange a funeral online?
When you lose a loved one, the last thing you want to worry about is how to arrange their funeral. You want to way honour your loved one’s memory but you may not even know where to begin. It may seem like a daunting task, but First Memorial Funeral home in Ottawa has made arranging a funeral online simple and convenient.
Online funeral arrangements are simple and convenient
Here are a few things to keep in mind when planning a funeral online:
- Check to see if your loved one made any pre-arrangements or left instructions. This will make the process much easier as you will simply need to follow their wishes.
- Make sure you have all the necessary information: When you’re ready to start making arrangements, you’ll need to have some basic information handy, including the deceased’s full name, birthdate and location, date of death, and place of death. It will also be helpful to have information such as the full names and birthdates of the deceased’s spouse, parents, and children where applicable.
- Determine your budget and choose the type of service you want: the funeral home in Ottawa will be able to provide you with a price list and may have packages that you can choose from.
- Making the arrangements: the online arrangements form at our funeral home in Ottawa will take you step by step through the process. This will include choosing things like the type of urn and other memorial items.
- Meet with the funeral director: shortly after you’ve submitted your completed online arrangements form, the funeral director will contact you to finalize and confirm the arrangements. This is where you’ll discuss final details like the time and location of the funeral service and any special requests you have, like the readings, music, and eulogies that will be part of the ceremony.
- Follow up after the funeral: after the funeral, it’s important to follow up with the funeral home or service provider to make sure everything went according to plan. This is also a good time to ask for a copy of the death certificate, which you’ll need for legal and financial purposes.
Arranging a funeral online can be a convenient and easy way to honour your loved one’s memory. By following these simple tips, you can make sure the process goes smoothly and everything is taken care of. You don’t have to go through it alone, the Funeral Directors at First Memorial are here to help you during this difficult time.